Tree Aid & Sylvapack
Our innovative SylvaPack environmental print route brings together many of the best practices and once printed we make a donation to Tree Aid to support their valuable work in some of the most vulnerable parts of Africa.
SylvaPack is an environmental print route that Severnprint operates for customers concerned about the environmental impact of their print purchase. We advise on the most suitable new or recycled paper chosen from the SylvaPack swatch. Delivery can be made using recycled boxes and a donation is made to Tree Aid for every job printed. To date over £20,000 has been raised to support Tree Aid’s programme of tree planting in sub Sahara Africa.
This is a collection of environmental options that we have packaged together to provide customers with the assurance that they have addressed many of the key environmental issues affecting modern printing.
- Advice on the selection of the most appropriate recycled or FSC certified paper. Use Severnprint’s own new SylvaPack swatch to make your selection.
- Printed on litho presses using no alcohol thereby reducing the output of VOCs
- Waste collection and sorting for re-use or recycling
- Ink and chemical selection to provide low VOC (volatile organic compounds) content and the use of vegetable oil based printing inks – principally linseed oil.
- Use of 100% renewable electricity provided by Ecotricity
- Option of reusable boxes which can be collected and re-used when we make later deliveries.
- Each SylvaPack generates a donation to Tree Aid – over £20,000 has been raised by Severnprint in this way to support tree planting projects in Ghana and Mali
A new SylvaPack swatch guide is available has just been produced, for your copy simply click this link