Severnprint's bindery and finishing options
"Many print items are judged by the quality of, not only the printed images and text, but also by the quality of the finish."
At Severnprint we know the importance of accurate trimming, folding and binding. The Severnprint bindery is one of the best equipped in the region.
- folding miniature to B1
- perfect binding
- die cutting
- wiro binding
- spiral binding or spiro
- plastic coil binding
- ram bundling
Having these trimming, finishing and binding options within our own factory means
- we don't lose time sending jobs to specialist finishing companies
- we avoid extra transport saving cost, but more importantly from an environmental point it saves on 'print-miles'
- we keep control of the quality
- digital print items also have access to the specialist bindery more usually only available to litho printers
Take a look at some of our equipment in action:
- Our high speed computer controlled saddlestitcher trimmer - gathers folded sections, stitches them, trims them, counts them and turns them ready to drop into a box - click here so see the machine in action
- This is one of the folders used to feed the stitcher trimmer above with the folded sheets PLUS it is used to fold leaflets in lots of different ways! Click here to see it running.
- This is our baby folder - but what a fast baby! - it is folding small leaflets to go inside pharmaceutical packs at upto 50,000 sheets per hour. Click here for a view
For information on some of the folds available and their names see our technical guide folding page.
We also offer these services as a trade service to other printers.